Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Gothic Princess Collection

When it comes to gothic fashions, I think there is a misunderstanding or a kind of prejudice against it.  I use to go to the mall a lot a few years ago, and I would see young people wearing these kinds of clothing.  They were dark, sinister, and almost scary looking.  The black lipstick, the black eyeliner, the black clothing, it all made a statment that I was uncomfortable with.  I just didn't understand.  But I believe if you're a person who is really serious about fashions, prejudice against any fashion style will hinder what you can learn from it.  Gothic is just as beautiful and creative as any style out there. 

I don't wear gothic clothing, but I have learned and come to appreciate that style more in recent times.  It is just as important as the evening gowns, the jeans, or that knock out little black dress we're all told we need in our wardrobe.

There is a lot of information on the history of gothic fashions online, and for me, I can't really place where it truly began or where it got its influences from.  I believe a trip to the library is in order to study more on the subject.  But I did read a little online, and I tried to apply what I learned in my Gothic Princess Collection.

So, here is the video, and I hope you are rocking it!



I didn't do a lot of drawings because I believe those kinds of fashions deserved better research on my part.  I will admit, though.  These drawings were one of my favorites.  Even though most of it is black, it is still great and I discovered there is so much you can do with the gothic style.  The possibilities are limitless.

If you've been enjoying my fashion sketches and my blog, please sign up as a follower.  You can do so by looking on the right side of your computer screen, and you'll see the option to follow.  Or you can subscribe to my channel on YouTube.

Thank you for stopping by.  See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment