Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year Present

The brand new year is here despite whether I was ready or not.  It feels kind of new, doesn't it?  Even though, it is still just another day.  Nothing new, but like I mention before it just feels new.

Well, with a new year I have a new present, a new video that is.  I called it "The Pink Goddess Collection".  The name has a definite connection with the sketches.  Most of the time, I simply just draw some stuff and put a video together, but with this collection it took a week to finish all the drawings and not very long to put the video together.

Here it is:



My goal for these drawings were to have a cohesive collection where you can tell every piece belongs.  The colors run along the same featuring light oranges, greys, and soft violets.  I draw the hair wavy for each drawing, and I highlighted the eyes with thicker eye lashes.  I think the eye lashes made the face look very sexy and gives more expression. 

I choose the color pink primarily because that color is very powerful actually.  It represents breast cancer awareness and many of our little daughters and granddaughters love the color pink.  It can represent spring time, love, and youth.

That wasn't all I've added.  I have a year in review type of video, as well.  Everyone has to do a year in review, right?  I added it last night, and I pretty much showcased my favorite drawings from last year.  I only started back drawing again in December, but I made about 13 or 14 collections during that month.  So, I wanted to just pick out my favorite drawings and put them in a video.

Check out my year in review video:




I hope to get better at my drawings as the year goes on.  Kind of exciting for me.  Have a safe and happy weekend.  I plan on spending time with the family and making a crochet bear.  See you later....biyeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment