Saturday, December 26, 2009

Fashion Sketches 13: One Unforgettable Evening Collection



That was my latest video. This is my second video where I have drawn evening gowns. My favorite clothes to draw is the evening gowns and pants. I don't really like drawing suites or pant suits because I tend to draw them pretty much the same way.

I did another video with the same graphics from OneTrueMedia that I used for my leather collection. I forgot what it is called, but I believe it is "Metropolis" or sonething along those lines.

The one thing I notice about my drawings is that I am short on detail. Honestly, I have no idea how to create more details in the clothes. I get the basic lining down, and I color in one basic color on the clothes and I try my best to shade the skin coloring to make it more real. But other than that, I am quite clueless on how to make the clothes more decorative. I guess I should have taken art classes when I was in school.

I've always heard in order to get better a craft, you must keep doing the craft. I guess I'll just keep drawing. I plan on making a year end video this coming week, including all of my collections from this year, which only includes this month.

I was just thinking...I'm on a tagent right now...many years ago, I started drawing. I was a little girl. The arms and legs were all weird and funny looking, and as time went on, I got better. But then I stopped drawing. I don't know why I stopped. I have no idea what turned my attention away, but I stayed away for a very, very long time. And now this month, I started again, and I haven't changed very much how I draw. It's good I haven't gotten worse, but it's not good I haven't gotten better.

Well, now that I am back at it again, maybe, I'll get better. I've even asked an expert their opinion.

I better get to bed. Very tired...good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment