Sunday, December 13, 2009

Fashion Sketches 10: The Kaleidescope Collection

The drawings in this newest video is a little different, yet the same. The difference I am writing about is the way I created the faces. Usually, I outline the facial features, but my one aggrivation when I do that is the eyes aren't even. One is higher than the other. The lips are either too big, too little, or not straight at all.

So, I tried a different method this time. Take a look at the video and see if you can see a difference between the first 9 videos and this one.



What I did was instead of outlining the lips and eyes entirely, I simply drew single lines for each part of the face. I added color to portions of the lines and simply dotted the eyes in with color. I think the drawings looks almost cartoonish. I mentioned this, as well, at my presentation on YouTube. With the drawings looking like that, I don't think it is a bad thing, and I am not disappointed on the outcome of the drawings. Matter of fact, I plan on making faces like that from now until I find a better way.

This collection also shows a lot of colors. I wanted to show some stripes and patterns because most of my drawings in the past are of one color. I think the drawings shows more depth of character.

Until next time, enjoy all of the videos I've uploaded to this blog. I hope to have another new video up within a week or two. I hope to have fresh new ideas. One thing I've noticed about fresh new ideas and drawing fashions, they're few and far between.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment