Sunday, December 20, 2009

Fashion Sketches 12: The Lovely Bride Collection

For the first time ever, I did a bridal collection. I only drew like 6 pictures, but I was trying see if I could really draw bridal gowns. To me, bridal gowns are the most difficult because it is so hard to come up with a truly original designs, and most of the dresses are white. There are so many bridal dresses out there that I believe it is possible to cover the entire world with them.

The last time I was in a bridal store, I saw racks and racks and racks of neverending bridal gowns, and there were all kinds, too. Mermaid style, lace, satin, silk, bohemian, strapless, sleeveless, and so on and so forth.

The only bridal gown I've seen that really caught my eye and left me gasping was a Vera Wang dress that Kate Hudson wore in the movie Bride Wars. I wanted that dress, and I'm not getting married...at all. If you haven't seen that Vera Wang wedding gown, you are truly missing out. Yes, you are. Kate Hudson was beautiful in that dress, and I nearly fainted when Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway were fighting in that Vera Wang wedding gown near the end of the movie. It has to be against the law to fight in such a beautiful creation. It must be criminal.

Take a look at The Dress:

Kate Hudson in a Vera Wang

Geogeous right? That ribbon around the waist is so perfect, elegant, and yet very simply. I loved the entire idea of that dress.

So, here is my little fashion sketch video of wedding dresses.



I am going to admit a couple of things.

Number 1: I know the music isn't wedding'ish, but I liked how dramatic it sounded. Plus, the length of the song fit the length of the video perfectly.

Number 2: My inspiration behind drawing the wedding dresses is an artist by the name of Brooklit. She draws these beautiful wedding dresses and fashion sketches, and she sells them, too. They are just georgeous. They are true works of art.

Check out her etsy page. I am hoping the Etsy link works. I also have her on the right side of this page as one of my favorite blogs to read. So, check that out, too.

That's all I have for this evening. Thanks for reading. Biyeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment